Occasionally, children deserve a treat, and desserts will definitely please them, every time they are offered to kids. These desserts cover the range from chocolaty to fruity and everything that comes between. Coconut Banana Pikelets, and Berry Smoothie Ice-Block are 3 recipes that you can prepare quickly and can serve to your kids. These are not only delicious, but are full of nutrients as well.
Coconut Banana Pikelets
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 large banana, cut into 12 slices
- 3/4 cup coconut-flavored evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Low-fat vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- olive oil cooking spray
- Sift sugar and flour into a big bowl, and make a well in the center. Beat the egg and milk in a jug and pour this mixture into the flour and sugar mixture. Whisk it properly until it becomes smooth.
- Spray a non-stick, large frying pan with oil, and heat it over a medium flame. Put 4 loaded tablespoons of batter into this pan, and top everyone with one slice of banana. Cook it for 1 minute or until you see bubbles on the surface. Turn them and cook for another 1 minute or until they appear golden. Transfer them to a plate and wrap them with foil paper to keep them warm. If you want to make 12 pikelets, repeat the whole process with the left over banana and batter to make 12 pikelets.
- Place these pikelets-bananas side up on plates and serve it with ice-cream to your kids.
Berry Smoothie Ice-Blocks
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 6 strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Blend raspberries, orange juice, strawberries, and blueberries until they become smooth, and then carefully pour it into molds.
- Close these molds and freeze for approximately 4 hours until frozen. Keep them at room temperature for one to two minutes before taking them out from the molds and then serve.